the art of storytelling
THIS CONFERENCE BRINGS TOGETHER 200 OF THE TOP MARKETERS FROM THE BIGGEST BRANDS, AGENCIES, & PUBLISHERS TO EXPLORE AND UNDERSTAND THE FUTURE OF CONTENT MARKETING AND SOCIAL SHARING.
THE PROGRAM WILL SHOWCASE PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFUL AT DEVELOPING UNIQUE CONTENT AND EMBOLDENING THEIR BRANDS' SOCIAL MEDIA PRESENCES IN THE PROCESS. THAT'S WHY WE'RE INVITING YOU!
- 12:15pm: Lunch and Registration
- 1pm: Welcome to An Exciting Day. Shane Snow, co-founder, Contently
- 1:10pm: Brand as Content Creator
- Three brands that are publishing compelling content explain how and why they're doing it, whether it's working, how they measure success and what they see as their next challenges.
- Lauren Passero
- Associate Brand Building Manager, Degree Men
Lauren joined Unilever in 2010 and has been leading the Degree Men business since 2011. She launched the brand’s premium segment as the Masters of Movement 4-part video series that garnered over 40MM views due to her media and content seeding strategy. The campaign leveraged the consumer content platform, The Adrenalist, to serve as the campaign's hub and drive user engagement.
- Jeannie Reeth
- Senior Director, Social, North America at eBay
Jeannie Reeth leads eBay’s Social Business Unit where she has driven a 700% increase in social following and engagement rates, double the industry average. Her cross-functional responsibilities include Social Publishing & Marketing, Social Customer Service, Community Management, and Social Commerce Strategy. In her 12 years with eBay, she has also led North American Consumer Marketing and eBay’s International Marketing Operations.
- Scott Roen
- Vice President Digital at American Express
Scott is the VP of Digital & Partnerships within American Express’s small business unit. He leads the design, development, and ongoing management of their digital assets including OPEN Forum. Millions of small business owners turn to the OPEN Forum community for new ways to run their business & connect with other business owners.
- 1:50pm: Showing Off, Part 1
- We'll look at a few content-marketing executions by people attending the conference, so you can decide whom to make sure you meet during the breaks. If you're proud of what you're creating, send a URL to email@example.com.
- 1:55pm: Break
- 2:15pm: Publishers With a New Approach
- Publishing these days means more than creating your own content. Meet three publishers who developed different ways to create and promote content on behalf of brands.
- Lauren Drell
- Campaigns Editor At Mashable
Lauren Drell is the Campaigns Editor at Mashable, where she manages advertiser-supported campaigns and writes and edits custom content. Lauren holds a B.A. from the University of Pennsylvania and an M.S.J. from Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism. Her personal interests include Instagramming @FranklinPup, inhaling red velvet cupcakes and spotting typos for Spelchekt.
- Mark Howard
- Senior Vice President of Digital Advertising Strategy at Forbes
Mark Howard is SVP of Digital Advertising Strategy at Forbes Media. He focuses on leading the introduction of new advertising products to the marketplace. Previously he was SVP of Digital Ad Sales.
He graduated the University of Arizona with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Marketing and resides in New York.
- Pete Spande
- CRO at Business Insider
Pete Spande is the CRO for Business Insider. He oversees sales, marketing, ad product, and revenue strategy for the company. Prior to Business Insider Pete held a variety of positions with Federated Media culminating with the position of CMO. He has also worked for UBM, CNET Networks, IDG and others.
- 2:55pm: Showing Off, Part 2
- See Part 1 above.
- 3:00pm: Break
- 3:20pm: Agencies Meet the Content Challenge
- If brands can create content themselves or through publishers, what's the role of the advertising or public-relations agency? Three innovators will tell us how they're positioning themselves to be vital and effective in this new world.
- Keith O'Brien
- Director of Social Activations at Horizon Media
Keith O’Brien is director of social activations at Horizon Media. He oversees the agency’s social projects team, which includes content creation and outreach. He started his career as a journalist, serving as an analyst at Venture Reporter and editor-in-chief at PRWeek. He has also worked at Attention as director of media and entertainment.
- Chris Perry
- President, Digital Communications at Weber Shandwick
Chris Perry is the President of Weber Shandwick Digital. In his role Chris leads strategy and operations for the firm's digital initiatives. His experience includes communications change management, content marketing and social media programming for a host of clients, including PepsiCo, HP, GM, Verizon Wireless, Mastercard and Standup2Cancer, among others.
- Jonathan Sackett
- Former Managing Director of Content for North America at Ogilvy
Jonathan is an advertising professional with more than 18 years of international experience. He has lead movements for some of the world's greatest brands including Mcdonald's, Geico, Coke, Milk, Hershey and Mars etc. Jonathan has modernized the communications discipline for agencies including Arnold Worldwide, the Martin Agency, DDB and Ogilvy.
- 4:00pm to 6:00pm: Networking & Cocktails
- Your chance to continue the conversation with the speakers and attendees.